I'm living again, awake and alive, I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies

The last few days have been interesting. I don't think I've really done much....(minus today). However, I have some interesting things that I've been thinking about, and they are ALL going to go in one EXCESSIVELY long post.


First on the order of business: The other day at work, another girl was at the register and we had very little business so I was just watching her and the customer, to see what they'd order it so I could start making it before the order was finished and therefore have something to do. So a guy walks up, blond, tall, cute, etc, and mouths "I'm deaf." And then proceeds to tell her his order and such. He could lip read really well so he could understand what she said when she told him his total, and that kind of thing. And that just got me THINKING. So much of my life involves hearing. I've grown up playing violin, some guitar, and listening to music out the wazoo. This is a little cliche, probably, but I really like music (yeah, everyone likes music, but I really like music. >.>). And I got to thinking how I had been standing there singing along to the playlist we had going, and how he couldnt hear it. And then I started thinking about how he'll never (at least in his earthly life) hear the voice of his future wife, of his children, of birds singing on a spring day or the ice cream truck coming or music at a rock concert or any of that. And I wondered what my life would be like if I were deaf. I can't lip read, at all (Although I suppose thats a skill I would develop when I needed it). My hearing is something I've completely completely completely taken for granted my entire life. And I never really realized til now how grateful I am that I can hear.

So anyways. That was really eye opening and deep and such for me.

Moving on?


YOGA. I've been twice now, and it has already been life changing. I love the feeling of stretching, and I love how you stretch and do these different poses that stretch all these muscles you didnt know you had, but the whole time she tells you to keep breathing, to just focus on the in and out of your breath and to relax. I love the focus on that really essential thing--we've all been breathing, constantly, in and out, every other second for every minute of every day of our lives. We do it without thinking, without trying to, yet it is still something that we have control of. And to focus on something that simple, to just stretch, and breathe in, and out, and in, and out, and in, and out again, is so peaceful. It's definitely something I need right now. Yeah, some of the stretches REALLY stretch you, and it's definitely not easy, but the whole time you just breathe, and listen to your body and stretch as much as you can and no farther. As soon as something starts to hurt, you stop and do something else that will relax those muscles. It is incredible. And, on top of that, I just love the way it makes me feel. I feel more comfortable in my body, I feel more feminine, and empowered. It is awesome :D

oh no time to go!

peace, love, loving life,
Catherine

Comments

Popular Posts