Saa itte miyo

I have something awesome to report. Well, it is linguistic-y and nerdy and I think it is awesome. So I am going to tell you.

I love this German band, Wir sind Helden ("We are heroes"). They're the first German band I started listening to years ago in high school when I started taking German. And they are awesome awesome. Anyways, so there's this song by them called "Von hier an blind" which basically means "From here on, blind." It's a really cool song. You should youtube it (cept you wont understand it...hence why I havent linked it on here). BUT. Here is the awesome part. I discovered that they have a version of that song, translated....INTO JAPANESE (yeah I speak some Japanese, for those of you who dont know)!!!!!! And thus my two languages come together in one beautiful harmony of amazing music!!!!!

Here is the video in Japanese, just in case anyone is curious and bored.

Saa itte miyo

oddly enough, I like the Japanese version better....it fits better in the song, even though the song was originally written in German. Either way, it is kind of really really awesome.

peace, love, 日本語とデウツ語,
Catherine

Comments

Popular Posts