Do you know what it feels like?

Today I am addicted to this song:

"Do you know do you know do you know"


Laura was playing it at work today, and I became immediately addicted. So I came home and looked it up on youtube, and listened to it like 4 times til I decided I needed to own it...so I bought it on itunes. I don't usually do that....I actually go to great lengths to not do so....but I've kind of been on this I'm going to get my music legally kick (I blame Jesse. And Elder Bednar) lately, so I bought it. And it has already been well worth it. I also bought this song:

"Only time will tell if violins will swell in memory of what we call 'in love.'"

I LOVE Motion City Soundtrack. They are awesome awesome awesome. And this song, the way they normally play it, us upbeat and cool but not too meaningful. But for some reason, when they play it acoustically and add what I think are maybe some minor chords instead of major ones....BAM. AMAZING. It's so beautiful, and so much more heart-wrenching than the original version.....I really like it.

I listened to both songs multiple times tonight when I went running (3 miles! :D). I put off running til this evening, cause all day I was like.....it's too hot, I'm too tired, I'm hungry, I just ate, I havent drank enough water today, I just drank too much water and I'll get sick. But this evening (before it got dark!) I sucked it up and went. And yeah I felt a little eeehhhhhh cause I had drank too much water just before going, but it was awesome once I got home, cause I was like--hey, I ran, I made it farther than I thought I was going to and now I'm all stretched and sore and tired and endorphine-full. And life was good.

I bought a yoga mat today. I am very excited about this. Tomorrow I am going to wake up early (does 8:30 count as early? I think it does) and go run 4 miles (this is how far I'm supposed to run according to the training plan for the 10k that I found) and then I'm going to go do yoga and get all relaxed and come home and take a nap and relax and maybe read a book (I havent read in a week...lame!) and then go to work and come home and it will be a very good and healthy and hopefully happy day. I like the days that I plan out what I'm going to do. I feel like I waste less time, get more done, and am generally busier and therefore happier (there is a happy medium of busy-ness--if I am not at all busy, I usually have time to mope--but if I'm too busy, I get cranky and Angst-eh......by the way, did you know Angst is a german word? So I use it all the time, but not in the american context....cause in german, it's something you "have," so as in "I have angst" but it means anxiety or that you're nervous or unsettled about something. I really like it. And therefore confuse people with my use of it. [/rambling]).

A few days ago I was cleaning out a drawer in my room and came across a bunch of papers stapled together that was a poetry packet from high school. I think I brought it out here with me cause I loved so many of the poems in it. I re-read them after I was done cleaning out and organizing the drawer, and realized I loved them even MORE than I had when I read them in high school! So I am probably going to write some posts about my thoughts about them....cause I have lots of rambly thoughts about them and nowhere else to put them....

Tonight Kiera took us to Walmart (THANK YOU Kiera!!!!) and we took this back way thats all twisty and runs next to all these neighborhoods and a park and such. And it was AWESOME. It so beat taking the busy crazy way up there with all the crazy rush hour traffic and crazy drivers. And it was SO pretty. It was the first time (or close to it...) that I've really thought Utah was beautiful....I'm kind of spoiled, cause North Carolina this time of year is COMPLETELY in bloom and everything is green EVERYWHERE. Seriously, there is probably 10x more green than you have ever ever seen. And I love it. But I'm coming to realize that Utah is a different kind of beautiful. The rugged mountains, with some greenery on them with a clear blue sky behind them as a backdrop to the city and trees (albeit not many...) is really pretty, just a different kind of pretty than I'm used to. So sorry to all those people who love Utah that I have told that I hate it....cause I dont. I'm learning to appreciate it. I think I will appreciate it more if I get to go see stuff like Zion's park and the pretty side of the Canyon and all that this summer! Anyone with me to organize some camping trips and stuff this summer? Cause seriously. That would rock. I would really really like to play in some waterfalls, too. Please please please please?


peace, love, springtime,
Catherine

Comments

Popular Posts