The takeover, the sweeping insensitivity of this still life

I really, really like that song. Kiera played a snippet of it tonight and I remembered how much I love it. It's Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap, bytheway. And it is awesome possum.

Today was the first day of women's conference, so work was crazy crazy. I cashiered for most of it, which was interesting cause I'm getting over seasonal allergies so I couldnt talk too loud, and it was LOUD in there. Consequently, a lot of ladies were like "what? huh? what did you say?" But it was good.

Etwas interessantes (Something interesting). It's women's conference, so it was all women, some old, most middle aged, some in their late 20s. Most were married, but some werent. What was interesting is that I saw quite a few late 20-somethings that had no ring on, so were clearly not married, but they were also clearly happy and leading fulfulling lives. It made me think--I'm only 19. They are 26. If they can be happy single/unmarried, so can I. I think I need to learn to live a happy and fulfilled life without having a guy in it...something I havent really done in awhile. I need to get to be ok with just being me, so that if I for some reason never find "the one" (other than Lauren ;) hahaha) then I could live on my own, have a career and friends and God and be ok with that. Anyways, it was really interesting to think about.


In other news, I am training for a 10k, and after that, a half marathon! I took up running about 2 months ago(ish) and ran a 5k a month ago. The last few weeks have been super busy so I havent gotten to run as often as I would have liked, and then this past week I was sick and knew if I tried to run I was NOT going to be able to breathe, so I didnt run for a whole week :( I'm getting back into it--monday I just ran 2 miles and today I ran 3, but in the morning I'm going ro run 4, I think. Anyways, the 10k is at the end of may and is 6.2 miles, farther than anything I've run before, but I have a schedule that should get be ready for it that I'm going to follow and I think it will be fine :) The farthest I've run before is 4 miles, and I've only done that twice, but it was only really hard for the first 2 miles and then after that it was a lot easier to forget that I was running and just go. So I'm hoping that the 10k will be like that, that the first few miles will suck but after that I'll just get into it and it'll be ok.

In other news, Michele was stuck in provo tonight so she came over to spend the night, and we ended up in the living room, talking for 4 hours til the crack of dawn (aka right now). It was awesome cause I dont really have anyone to talk to, seeing as Jesse and I arent talking....so it was good. Hopefully we can talk more again soon!!!


peace, love, staying up too late,
Catherine

Comments

Popular Posts