Food?

So Jesse and I try really hard to eat "whole" food, or food that isn't processed or altered, aka food that doesn't come out of a box.  Obviously, there are days when I don't feel like cooking and make some faux-macaroni or whatnot, but the majority of the time we try to make sure we're eating a variety of wholesome food. 

But there are also times when I reaaaally want to make some pudding pops (p.s. does anyone have a good recipe?) so I buy some instant pudding from a box to use. 


This time, I happened to notice some funny business with the directions on the back.  Notice that in the first paragraph, it says that to make this INSTANT pudding you beat the mix with milk for 2 minutes with a mixer until well blended. Sounds pretty fast, right? 


But then below that, it lists the QUICKER way!  (because 2 minutes is too long!) In this option, you just put everything in a shaker with a lid and go to town on it for 30 seconds!!!  (can you guess which option I chose? side note: don't choose that option.  Too many lumps.)

Moving on in the realm of food-ish stuff, I found this gem on the grocery store shelf the other day: 


Nothing says "doesn't taste too bad" better than "Freshlike!"  
(I'm sure they're just fine but what a name! Amiright?)

Comments

Kylie said…
Next just throw it in the blender. :) Same effect. I admire anyone who cooks all the time. I try so hard. But seriously - it's pizza at least once a week. And frozen chicken nuggets are a lunch staple. Walt doesn't like meat, so when I find a winner I stick with it!
julis said…
freshlike? how about "goodish" or "almostfood"??? Who thinks of these product names? Do they pay them? Because I could totally do that (I'm the queen of "bad headlines" according to my students, so how much harder could bad product names be?) On a happier note, I'm glad if the carpet makes you happy. I always feel like there's things lurking in carpet, and I can attack bare floors more directly and completely. Also, I'm always hot, so I like cool (to the touch) flooring. Dave, on the other hand . . . is not always hot.
melissa said…
NICE. i like my mom's suggestions too.

Popular Posts