A cupcake party!

During a playdate one day, some newfound pals and I were talking about what foods we love to snack on.  One friend said she likes eating spoonfuls of frosting, as well as peanut butter...and then suddenly, we were all craving peanut butter frosting!  Well, that day came and went and soon enough, I found myself on pinterest, scrolling until I thought my brain would fall out...and then, lo and behold, there on my feed, was a recipe for peanut butter butter cream frosting! 

(I'll give you a moment to collect yourself.  I know I just dumped a big, delicious-sounding word on you, and now you might need to go grab a cookie to recover.  It's ok.  I understand completely.)

So I emailed the ladies and told them about the timely miracle that had occurred, and we promptly agreed that at our next playdate, we would make chocolate cupcakes with that heavenly frosting! 

In case you're wondering, baking cupcakes with 3 almost-18-month-olds is not the easiest thing ever, especially when they need naps/skipped a nap/are teething/are cranky, but we did it! We made them! And oh boy....they were delicious :D


One friend had the fantastic idea to bring tiny cupcake papers to make mini cupcakes for the boys, and needless to say, they LOVED them :) 


Niko and his boy pals! Aren't they adorable?!



I decided afterwards that although we claimed it was a playdate for the boys, it ended up really being a playdate for us :)  (Also, I have no pictures of my lovely friends because I was too shy to ask! They're real, I promise ;D)

And because I know you're probably going to want to make these now.... ;)

You can find the recipe for the cupcakes here

and the recipe for the Peanut Butter Butter Cream Frosting here

Thanks for a great get-together, friends! 



Comments

Messy Musings said…
sigh... now there's yet *another* delicious dessert I'll have to make (and eat). a sacrifice of great magnitude, but am willing to try!
Omgosh he has little friends! How cute!

Popular Posts