Foodings

So I don't always cook dinner, because often by 4:30 I'm totally burned out and just want to sit on the couch, but sometimes, it does happen!  

Recently, we got our tires replaced, and while I was sitting in the waiting area I read a magazine that had this AWESOME pizza recipe in it.  I snapped a picture of the recipe and came home and made it the next week:


It's a homemade pizza crust topped with fresh mozzarella and baked, then topped with arugula, a fresh lemon vinaigrette, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. It was actually supposed to have dollops of ricotta cheese on it (!!!!) but I actually forgot! However, this pizza was SO good that we'll definitely make it again, and definitely put the ricotta on next time :)

Last week was my first experience using cheesecloth for something other than a craft project!  I made Palak Paneer, a spinach curry with squares of a cottage-cheese sort of cheese that I made myself!  I forgot to take pictures of the actual cheese, but here's my cheesecloth covered bowl all prepped and ready for receiving the curds and whey:


The paneer turned out alright (though I think I'll use full-fat milk next time) but I think I overcooked it--but the good news is that the curry was so good that we'll definitely want to try it again!

Last week, we had a little potluck brunch for our church playgroup and I decided to make this doughnut recipe that I've been wanting to make for some time (recipe: here


They're baked banana doughnuts and they were really yummy! It was a fun excuse to bake doughnuts and taking them to the brunch meant I wasn't tempted to eat them all myself ;) 

I've had some other baking exploits lately (most notably a knock off BYU mint brownies recipe that is DELICIOUS)  but no photos, sorry!  I really like cooking and baking (though I don't always have energy for the former--I ALWAYS have energy to bake!) and I really get a sense of fulfillment out of making something delicious.  

Comments

Cheryl said…
Come cook for me!
Maren said…
That pizza looks yummy, as do the doughnuts...
julis said…
I'm like you, Catherine. I don't always have energy to cook food, but baking? That I can do! The doughnuts look yummy!

Popular Posts