Etsy update

Since we've moved here, my etsy orders have slowed down some, which I didn't mind too much, but then last week they started to pick up again--and even better, I was contacted by someone who had bought some of my embroidery and wanted to buy another for a friend who had been admiring it.  She requested it in teal so I whipped that up for her: 


Then, because she liked the first one so much, she asked if I'd be interested in doing a custom order for her daughter, who just played Gretl in the Sound of Music. She had the idea of putting the text "The sun has gone to bed and so must I..." with either a sun or a bed--and then Jesse had the clever idea to sketch a cartoon sun tucked into bed! After a few tries, he came up with something we both thought was adorable and I picked a font to match it: 


Her daughter's room is mostly decorated in primary reds, blues and yellows so that's what she requested for the colors:


I loved making it so much, I think I might make more for my shop!  Also, the lady was SO great to work with--so nice and helpful as we batted ideas around.  It was such a fun experience :D  It was especially great cause I've been feeling in a bit of a doldrums lately in my personal development and hobbies and this collaboration was just what I needed to make me excited about creating again.  Yayy! 



Comments

Loïe said…
That is adorable.
melissa said…
you've got skillz.
julis said…
mad skillz. As does Jesse.

Popular Posts