A pop of color

I painted some chairs! Here's the backstory:

When we moved out of Wymount, we decided we didn't have space to take our table and chairs with us so we gave them away.  When we moved into our new apartment we bought a new table on ksl but waited to find some chairs we liked. Then, lo and behold, my parents got a new table and chairs and had 4 old chairs they no longer needed! I quickly commandeered them to use for my own purposes. 

Here's what they looked like before: 


(pardon the blurry cell phone pictures) 

After sanding: 


Along the way, we found some memories from my childhood. 


(on the bottom of the chair) 


It reads: "Danger Wild animals don't touch" aaand I can't read the last bit. My guess is the chair was turned upside-down to serve as a fence when my siblings and I were playing growing up. 

And then I painted them! Here's the result: 





I sure do like the color it adds to our apartment! 

Comments

Doug & Charisse said…
We have those same old wooden chairs! haha.
Loïe said…
Oooh! Those are beautiful! Nice work.
Messy Musings said…
you are so stinkin' talented!! maybe if I hang around you more, it will rub off? Bahahahaha!!

Popular Posts