I make stuff

As you probably know, I make a lot of stuff.  In light of that, I'm starting a new series called I make stuff in which I will show off all the stuff I make! (Even if it's bad or doesn't work out how I wanted it to!) 

Today's entry is some baby shoes I made for Nikolai.  I bought this pattern a few months ago on etsy intending to make some baby shoes for Nikolai and just now remembered that I had it. 


I made the fourth pattern on the top and I'm pretty proud of how they turned out:


Grippy stuff on the bottom for easier walking.


Added bonus: All I had to buy for them was the grippy fabric and some fusible fleece for the padding.  The outer fabric is an old pair of my jeans and the lining is one of Jesse's old shirts! 



Note that there are no pictures of Nikolai wearing them...we can force them on his feet when we're going out and want him to have another layer against the cold, but he's like his Ma and hates wearing shoes so he promptly pulls them off when we're inside so I have no photographic evidence of him wearing them! But either way, I'm happy to have made them so he can at least have something warm on his feet when we go outside. 

Comments

Heidi M. said…
Good job! They look fancy, like I would be intimidated to try making them. It's even more awesome that they are made from mom and dad's clothes - way to recycle and way to put more meaning in stuff!
Messy Musings said…
stinkin' talented you are!! :-D

Popular Posts