I am still in the dark, lighting candles

Iiiiiiiiiiii have been working a lot lately--6 hours a day. I work both efy rushes (lunchtime and their breaktime, when ALL 2500 of them decide to come to Jamba at once) aaaaand it might be making me crazy. But it is more hours! And more money! And I have a job, for which I am endlessly grateful in these uncertain economic times.

Tonight Jesse and I went to see the Giver, put on by the BYU theater department. I love love love the book, and the play was an excellent representation of it. I liked sitting there before it started, just looking at the set, which was very simplistic and cool looking. And I was thinking about how we were all sitting there, waiting for it to begin, and how we were all going to sit there for an hour and a half or something and enjoy the same performance, and how we would all react to the same exact situations in different ways. But we will all watch the same performance. I really like theater, too, because you are a part of what you are watching in a way that you arent in any other performance. Something about sharing the same air as the performers, seeing them just a handful of feet a way makes it really intense and real. Anyways, I like it.

Then we just came home and watched Atlantis and played SUPER SMASH BROTHERRRRSSSSSS. I only won once, but in my defense, I was playing against Andy and Jesse (and Jacob and Rex) and they are wayyyyy good. I placed 2nd almost all the time though!!! I was pretty impressed wif mah own skilllllz.

Anyways, one round I wasnt playing and I began to watch Jesse play, and discovered that he makes tons of intense and awesome faces. So I grabbed mah camera and began to capture some :D
Something was funny, I think :)
He gets all googly eyed and intense :)
He was about to win, and this is the face he made...
Best face ever :)

Alas, now he is off to eyedaho for a week to be a counselor for boy's state, a mock government thing. But, he will have an awesome awesome time, and we will talk on the phone every night, and I will have time to catch up on all the reading I want to do this summer, because I wont be spending my every free minute with him ;) These are the things I am telling myself.

peace, love, ya nye chachyu ohhbuvi,
Catherine

Comments

lydiaruth said…
I am slightly jealous that you went to that play. Because I love the book too. Oh, great book. Have you read the sequels? Cause if not I think you should.
Catherine said…
there are sequels?!?! oh my goodness!!!! are they any good? I really liked the Giver a lot because of how it ended, all open ended and all, and I'm not sure how I feel about it being continued....

Popular Posts