Always one foot on the ground

Today was a wonderful day. Er, evening. Cause that was the bit that I spent with Jesse :) I surprised him tonight and packed a picnic dinner and told him to drive up the canyon and just told him when to pull off :) we went to bridal veil falls and found a picnic table and ate and talked and enjoyed how beautiful the canyon is this time of year!!!!!! However, my camera batteries died as soon as I turned it on, so I have no evidence.....but it was pretty :D


and THEN we went and picked up Jacob, Andy/Drew/Andrew, and his friend Sarah, and went to see Up!!!!!!!!!!!


It was brilliant brilliant brilliant. I think it is my favorite Pixar movie yet. I say that every time I see one, but I think i mean it this time!!!! However, Pixar is BRILLIANT and I have no doubt that they will continue to make amazing amazing amazing movies.

I want to tell about my favorite parts!!!! So if you havent seen it, PLEASE STOP READING!!!!!!! I do not want to ruin this amazing movie for you. Because it is an experience. Not just because it is in 3D, but because the movie is an adventure, for the veiwer as well as for the characters. Which is why it is so AWESOME.

ok.

I love the main character. And I just realized I dont know what his name is. Cause thats not really what is important. But I LOVE how pixar makes you fall in love with their characters. They are flawed and imperfect and endearing and beautiful and human. We can relate to them, see ourselves in them, even want to be like them.

My favorite part in the whole movie, only because it moves me so much, is probably in the 1st 20 minutes. The main character is married to a beautiful woman that he loves very much, and one day they are laying in the grass looking at the clouds, trying to identify what shapes the clouds look like. The first time, the wife looks up and sees a turtle, etc, but then a few scenes later they are there again and she sees a baby, then mouths "the sky is full of babies" and looks up again and every cloud turns into a baby shape. It shows them go to the doctor though, and sad music plays and the doctor shakes his head and they look sad.

And my favorite part. It cuts back to their house, that they love. She is outside, under a tree, sitting on a chair, with her eyes closed. She is sitting there, thinking about how she will never bear a child to play under that tree, to run through their happy little home with tiny feet. But the look on her face is not one of sadness. It is one of acceptance, of realization that she can live a full life without that, even though that would have been wonderful. She is at peace. And all of this happens in probably 2 seconds as her husband sees her sitting outside and walks outside to see her. But it is a beautiful, beautiful moment. And that moment (and others like it) is why I LOVE Pixar.

Alright, thats all I needed to write about. :) Now, go see Up!!!!!!!


peace, love, the spirit of adventure,
Catherine

Comments

Timothy said…
i wonder what the rest of your blog post said. i dunno cuz i haven't seen that movie yet and so i obediently stopped readin it. i'll come back and read it when i have seen it (lie)
WoozleMom said…
So I'm currently reading through your archives, because I'm awesome like that. And I just have to say that I sat and SOBBED through about half of that movie. ESPECIALLY the part you told about, since miscarriage is something I can relate to and it isn't fun. But I loved that movie. It's just a beautiful story.
Catherine said…
hooray!!!! I cried through half of it too, cause it's just SO GOOD!!!! Pixar is amazing at capturing real emotion, I think. and it IS a beautiful story!!!

Popular Posts