He talks like a gentleman, like you remember when you were young

There were some awesome people at work today. It was this man and this woman, and although he spoke normal english she had a bit of an accent, spanish maybe, and they both looked like they were maybe Spaniards. Anyways. I'm not sure if they were married or just friends but they ordered together so infer what you will. He ordered first, then turned to her and asked what she wanted. She began to explain that she was on a diet and couldnt have sugar, but that the fresh squeezed juices would probably be alright. But let me pause for a moment and tell you about her. She was this taller, dark haired lady, dressed nicely, wearing lots of bracelets and such, and everything she said or did was animated and lively and interesting. It was almost silly, the way she talked about being on a diet and wanting to try a wheat grass shot, but in a charming, confident way. Anyways. So I made her wheat grass and gave it to her, watching while she drank it: customers trying wheat grass for the first time almost inevitably make funny faces at the taste. But she just chugged it down and then asked if she could have the rest that was in the cup I had collected it in (from the juicing machine). The man began to tease her a little, about how enthusiastic she was about the wheat grass and how you'd think she was just drinking something really tasty from the way she downed it. But she just grinned and drank the rest goodnaturedly.

Anyways. These people reminded me of the couples in old b&w movies, where they're both super classy and the man really likes the woman but cant let her know so he's serious and teases her about things instead. But the woman, she's clever and happy and lively and confident, so she just takes it all in stride, and inevitably falls for the man. That's what this couple was like for me today. They were just classy, and awesome!!!! It was awesome.

Something else awesome. Today I was in the checkout line in the library to recheck Anna Karenina (I've rechecked it online the max amount that I'm allowed to) and the girl in front of me was taking a little while cause she had a huge stack of books to check out. I didnt even have a chance to get frustrated before I noticed some of the authors and titles of the books she was checking out: tons of books by jerry spinelli, meg cabot, and other young adult authors, aaaaand slavic for beginniners. For those of you who dont know, I love young adult fiction and I seriously hope I never get "too old" to read it. Aaaaaand I love languages. So I was standing there looking at her books and was like 'oh man. this girl is awesome. we should be friends!' but I didnt say anything to her cause that might be kind of odd. but it was kind of cool, seeing someone with some of the same interests as me, standing there in front of me....it was kind of like she was my doppelgänger...haha. Anyways. That was awesome.


the only other thing to note is that tonight I went with michele to DI and got new clothes!!! I got 3 pairs of pants, a skirt, 2 blouses, and a dress, for under $40! I think I did pretty well. And I really love all of them :) None of the pants are denim (and I always wear jeans so that was nice), one of them is brown courduroy-ish that I got for work, one is light green and also kind of courduroy-ish, and the last pair is kind of the same softness as courduroy but without the little divets in it (I have no idea what kind of fabric it is) and they are..........a mix between electric blue and teal!!!! it's this super awesome color and they're boot cut to boot! They're also made by the company that makes a pair of my favorite skinny jeans, so they're good pants too. The dress I got is a summery sundress and is white with purple and ORANGE flowers all over it!!! It is the coolest dress I have ever ever owned. I love it.

I'm kind of trying to update my look to a more sophisticated, not a little girl anymore look, and tonight was the first step in making that happen. Whoohoo!!!! I like bargain shopping, especially when I love love the clothes I found.

that is all!!!

peace, love, orange flowers all over,
Catherine

Comments

Kiera said…
oh my gosh!!! i loved this post! i love finding great buys at DI and savers too. to tell you the truth, basically ALL of my clothes come from there. they are all completely unique, ya know? i never have to worry about finding someone wearing my same shirt! haha...and i love classy people. i want to be one someday. :)
Catherine said…
thats why I love stuff from DI too!!! It's either so old that no one else has it, or whoever dropped it off bought it who knows where far away from here, so I never run into anyone wearing the same thing! It rocks :)

Let's both be classy people one day!!!

Popular Posts