A feather in the sunshine and bad weather

On Saturday, Jesse and I had a picnic :)


Well, let me start at the beginning.

First, we went yardsaling :) Jesse found some awesome old books, and I found some cool necklaces and some dominoes.

Theeeeeen we went to Many Lands, this kind of hole in the wall foreign foods place. It was really cool, they had all these random foods from all over. We found a bunch of food Jesse liked on his mission (which I can't pronounce right now, and definitely can't type). And we bought some!

So then we went to the Farmer's market! We walked through it 3 times looking at everyyyyyything before we settled on what we wanted to get. We got some frozen yogurt first, then I bought a cool bracelet and a potted daylily (hooray! plants!), and then we bought a loaf of fresh homemade bread!

All of this awesome food purchasing leads up to a momentus event: A PICNIC!!!!


Here is a picture of the spread.


I was taking the picture and Jesse jumped in and made a crazy face, all last minute like. It was amusing :)

Close ups!

This is the really cool Russian carbonated juice kind of thing Jesse used to drink :) It tastes kind of like cream soda, but pear flavored. It was different, but good.


This one sounds kind of like [pri-en-iki] but you say it faster. It's like gingerbread with fruit jam filling (this one was strawberry) with a slightly crunchy, sugary coating on the outside. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!!!!!! I think we'll probably be eating a lot more of these in the future....:)

Notice behind it, the beautiful loaf of bread :)

OH MY GOSH IT WAS SO GOOD. I really really really like fresh bread......really really really.....we ate it with some leftover egg salad on it, also, plain....cause it was really tasty :)

Then Jesse was sleepy, so I practiced taking pictures of him.

I might be a little bit biased, but I think he's really cute :)


I took a lot of pictures of him eating. He wasnt sure what to make of it.



This is one of the best Jesse faces ever. And there are a lot of those.

This is the prieniki :D
Look how tasty look how tasty look how tasty!!!

Ok, just ONE picture that Jesse will make a pouty face at me for. But it's a good one. Calm down Jesse.



He is sitting next to me, watching me type. This is how our conversation went as he read.

Jesse: That's not a good one!

Me: But it's got your happy wrinkles in it!

Jesse: Oh ok....

Jesse has happy wrinkles. I am fond of them.


That is all.


Look how green the mountain is!!!

It has rained a lot lately. I love green mountains :) I'm fairly certain that is how God intended mountains to look.....but I'm biased. This is what I grew up with.


I'm not gonna lie though, I like the look of the Wasatch Mountains when they're all rugged and rocky but have green just springing up through the crevices :)


Aaaand then I took some cool pictures of Jesse :)


(I really like this one, but Jesse doesnt, so he said I could only put up this one if I put up this next one too)

And then a cool one I played with :D




This last picture is just for proof that we really do live in "happy valley."

Even those people's patch of flowers is happy :D


Peace, love, russki picnics,
Catherine







Comments

Timothy said…
picnics = great

jesse is semi cute. . .it runs in his family i hear. . .

picnics = really great if they're on a mountain.
Catherine said…
picnics with jesse=one of the best things everrrr....

jesse is really really cute, but don't tell him I said so....he frowns on the word "cute" ;) So I tell him he's handsome instead :D
Jess Stricklan said…
Meh, that word again... but I mean, it could be worse... it was brought on by a nice old picnic, so...

=D
Loïe said…
Yardsaling?? International foods?? Farmers market??! Picnic??!! Sounds like an awesome day! And I like that you talk about your day creatively–I mean that it's interesting to read. It's not: We went to some yardsales, and I bought some dominoes. Then we went to a food store. Then we went to the farmers market where there was a lot of stuff!

Popular Posts