Let me assure you, every day is ice cream and chocolate cake

I am sitting on the couch. But half an hour ago, I was sitting on a blanket in the grass outside. Here is a very boring but awesome story.



Lauren, Matt and I decided to go outside. So we took books and blankets and I took my guitar, and I was a hippie for a little while and played some chords and songs and was generally too cool for school, but then I got bored and spacey and just sat there, UNTIL......I heard the magical sounds of an ice cream truck!!!! It came on the breeze, the enticing tune of "It's a small world after all" played on a loudspeaker. It was faint, and Matt and Lauren couldnt hear it, so they thought I was crazy. But I persisted....and made them listen....and they heard it too!!! It seemed to be coming closer, but we couldnt see it....and then it came up the street in our apartment complex! It stopped at the stop sign that intersects with the road we were sitting next to, and Lauren told me to wave at it, but I faltered....and it turned the other direction. I was very disappointed. We went back to our book readings and sun bathing, UNTIL.....it turned around the corner, coming back our way! I ran as fast as my short legs would take me across the street and into the apartment to grab my moneys so I could buy some icecream :) Lauren stalled the man so that I could run back out and pick something. The man (who was slightly less creepy than most ice cream truck drivers, but still kind of creepy all the same) said he had seen us when he had turned the other way and realized he had turned the wrong direction. I got a watermelon popsicle, which was awesome except that it was huge and it had "seeds" in it that were made of chocolate, which majorly clashed with the watermelon flavor...but other than that, it was fine :)

But here is a question. After matt and I bought our popsicles, the guy kind of waited, and it was awkward, and we kind of walked away...and then we wondered: are you supposed to tip the ice cream man? or was he just being creepy?

Comments

Timothy said…
fixed! i have decided that being an ice cream man is on my top 15 best jobs in the world, along with being a baseball playing artist owner of McD's, and working at a ski resort.

Popular Posts