May your organs fail before your dreams fail you

Tonight Michele was over, and was telling us her list of things she wants to do before she is 25, one of which was dying her hair blue. This made me think of those good old days in senior year when I had blue and pink hair, and oh, how I began to long for those crazy hair colored days....well, the crazy hair, not so much the days. And then, I realized that I had blue kool-aid in my kitchen, and that google knows how to dye one's hair with kool-aid....

This was the result.


That wad of plastic wrap on my head is a chunk of hair right behind my bangs, kool-aid-ed blue. Its in plastic wrap (and not aluminum foil) so that I can sleep with it in tonight.

These are the other chunks.

It's just kool-aid, so it's only going to last a few days. I like the impermanence, actually. Less commitment, less to deal with if it looks bad. And it's all stuff I can hide under my hat at work if it looks awful :) And I haven't messed around with my hair in a long time, it seems. It always kind of feels like I get the itch to do something like this when I'm getting over a failed relationship though....probably something to do with the desire to feel like I've got control over something. Anyways, we'll save all that psychoanalysis for later. I'm gonna crash, but I'll wash this mess in the morning and post pictures of the awesomeness/carnage.

peace, love, whatever,
Catherine

Comments

Popular Posts