Stitchery and such

You know I make a lot of stuff right?  Some I keep, some I sell, but mostly I love the process.  I haven't shown you the stuff I've been making lately so here's some of the most recent things! 

These I'm selling on etsy: 


Peter Pan, my favorite! 


My take on a line from "So Long, Farewell" from the Sound of Music


Have I told you how much I love The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde? 


Also, the eternal Princess Bride


You've gotta love sweet ol' Winnie the Pooh


Then there's some quotes I've found  that really motivated and uplifted me lately so I decided to stitch them to keep for myself!  I haven't put them up yet (and likely won't before we move--in one month! Ack!) but I'm looking forward to finding lovely places to put them in our new home! 



In case you can't read them: Clockwise from the top left they read 1) "They say our tree may never grow back.  But one day something will." -Fantastic Mr. Fox 2) "My life is not an apology, but a life." -Ralph Waldo Emerson 3) "Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln

A silly quote I actually made months ago (but haven't photographed!) has been hanging in my kitchen for awhile now.  


"People who love to eat are always the best people."
-Julia Child

Let's just say I really love to eat, so I had to stitch this quote ;) 

And finally, a few months ago I got the wild idea to embroider a stylized version of St. Basil's Cathedral.  It took forever to complete because I had to look at photographs, sketch a small version, figure out how to simplify it into lines vs. empty space, and then stitch stitch stitch stitch stitch! 


We found this awesome frame at the LDS distribution center (would you believe they make them out of the scraps from those awesome gilt frames in ward buildings?) and decided it went really well with the gold steeples in the embroidery.  Sometimes I worry it's a little bit ostentatious but other times I LOVE it so I try not to worry about it ;) 

And here's a close up! 


It's kind of wonky and cute and basically I'm really proud of it--so if you don't like it, please don't tell me because it would severely damage my ego ;)  

Anyways, I hope you don't mind me dumping all these here! I've had fun making them so I hope you have fun looking :)

Comments

Messy Musings said…
Wonky? Don't disparage my friend's ART WORK like that!! It is a beautifully stylized interpretation, not an exact copy (for that you're better off with a photo)
Anna said…
I loved seeing the Importance of Being Earnest quote! Love it so so so much.

And your cathedral is fantastic!
julis said…
I really like all of it! Especially Basil. You need to show me how to embroider, because I really like embroidery.
Loïe said…
These look great! I love the fonts. And I second Messy Musing's comment.
lydiaruth said…
I suddenly find myself wanting to craft, and to try cross-stitching again for the first time in years. The cathedral is amazing!
WoozleMom said…
I LOVE THEM ALL.
Katelyn said…
Okay, all of these are adorable. But I especially like that the "fly" on your Sound of Music one looks so much like (nerd alert!) the Firefly title font.
Demarae said…
Ahhh!! You're amazing! I want them all!!! Seriously, this is so cool! My grandma plus enough modern that I want to hang them all over my house.

Popular Posts