But I still crave that sound

Yep, I'm still listening to Vampire Weekend. Not as obsessively, but still pretty often.

Well, this is late news, but last weekend Andy came down and hung out with us for the weekend. He's been writing some pretty sweet music lately, so he had Jesse and I help instrumentalize some of it. It was pretty sweet, cause I got to bust out my violin again (for the first time in probably a year!) and Jesse got out his guitar and played around figuring out some chords that fit in with it.


It was pretty much the awesomest thing I've gotten to do in a long time.
Yes, I made another headband. This one is BLUE.

It's probably the simplest one I've made yet. It's just rows of double crochets hooked in to just one of the loops of the crochet below it, making it looser and softer feeling. The hardest part, oddly enough, was tapering it. It's pretty easy to make it get wider, but quite a bit harder to make it get narrower at the other end without looking stair-steppy and such. I spent quite a while trying things out and then undoing it until I found a way to do it that I liked. Not that any of this means anything to those of you who don't crochet! Except that if I ever try to teach making headbands to anyone, it'll probably be this one.
And a six petaled flower! This is the first six petaled one I've done, and the first one with a round center that wasn't just a point. I like the center on this one better and I'll probably start making all my flowers more like this model.

Also, I'm thinking about making more of these and selling them on Etsy. But by the time I make them and get them posted, the trend will probably be over. So we'll see.

It's mostly just exciting to be crocheting things for once that are not just scarves or blankets. It makes me feel so crafty!

And I like feeling crafty.

peace, love, craftiness,
Catherine

Comments

Kylie said…
You play the violin?! I have so much still to learn about you, friend. We should get together for some fun dueting some time!
Catherine said…
wow, do you play the violin too? that would be awesome!

Popular Posts