The only thing that I know the only thing I know is I don’t know a thing

Today, I am posting my very first ever TUTORIAL. Yep, you heard me right. I'm gonna show you how to crochet these:


Little five petaled flowers that look like those cookies you wore as rings on your fingers during snack time in elementary school. Or at least, I did.

Anyways!

Here's the instructions. Just a quick disclaimer though: you're going to kinda need to know how to crochet already, but I'll include links as to how to do each stich so you can maybe learn too!

1) Make a loop


3) Connect the loops into a circle via a slip stitch

4) Chain 2

5) Double Crochet inside the circle
6) Chain 1

7) Triple Crochet inside the circle
8) Double crochet inside the circle

9) Chain 2

10) Attach to the circle with a slip stitch

Petal 1 out of 5 is done! Repeat steps 4 to 10 four more times.

Be sure to push the petals together on the ring so you have enough space
for all 5 petals.
11) Once finished attaching petal 5 to the ring, cut the yarn off about an inch from
the last loop and pull it to the back side of the flower (where the string from the beginning is)

12) Tie the two strings together, making sure they stay on the backside,
then cut the ends off short
And now you have a flower!!!


I sewed a couple of mine together and used some bobby pins to put them in my hair. You can also put them on a headband, just bobby pin one into your hair, or whatever.
If anyone tries this, let me know! If not, it was fun to post it anyways :)

peace, love, crocheting is my favorite,
Catherine

* title credit: I don't know a thing by Lucy Schwartz.

Comments

Smallfry said…
I LOVE THEM COOKIES!!!!!!!!!! I swear that is all I remember from kindergarten. :D

Popular Posts