Rain, rain stay today

Growing up in North Carolina, summertime meant hot weather, a ton of humidity, and warm rainstorms at least three times a week. As children of a nature-loving Floridian (my dad), my siblings and I loved running around in the warm rain together, splashing in puddles and playing until we were drenched from head to toe. When we were done, my ever-patient mother would greet us at the door with towels and instructions to get changed quickly before we dripped muddy water all over.  

The other day, Jesse and I were finishing up having dinner with my family at their house when, out of nowhere, it started POURING.  Those of you familiar with the intermountain United States know that it doesn't rain often, and when it does, it doesn't last long.  I quickly turned to Aaron and asked him if he wanted to go play in it with me--and he did!  

We pranced through the streets and surely confused all of the neighbors, splashing each other from puddles and enjoying pretending that we were children once more.  

After a bit, we got cold (UT rainstorms aren't as warm as NC ones!) so we decided to go inside and get cleaned up.  A lively jog back to the house turned into a race and before we knew it I had slipped on the wet concrete and bludgeoned my shin against the front step!  I'll spare you a picture of the injury (although it really wasn't that bad) but suffice to say I won the race ;) 

(looking a little bit like wet dogs--but happy)

Thanks for being spontaneous with me Aaron! I love you!



Comments

Anna said…
I do know a few western states that rain quite often. Even more often, I daresay, than NC.

Love me some puddle jumpin'! We're the same kind of people.
Catherine said…
Oops! I should have said the "desert west" or something like that :-) I'm fairly certain it DOES rain more in WA and likely Oregon than NC too!! :-)
melissa said…
i do love a good summer rainstorm. a real good warm one in july! my favorite. if there's one this summer i'll go out in it for you.

Popular Posts