Did I ever tell you

that I started an etsy shop?  Motherhood leaves me with a lot of downtime so I make things to make that downtime a little more meaningful.  I make too many things to use myself, so I decided to try my hand at selling them on etsy.  In case you're curious, my etsy website is romanticminddesigns.etsy.com

And if I didn't tell you that, then I most certainly didn't tell you that I made my first sale a few weeks ago! 

(side note: I was so excited when I found out that I ran and told Jesse--but he was in the shower so my excited screaming was muffled by the water and might have sounded like someone was breaking in.)

Proudly presenting: the first thing I ever sold! 


It's a riff on a quote from J.R.R. Tolkien and I embroidered it on some thick linen with some hobbit-esque mountains on the bottom.  

I packaged it up and mailed it off the next day!




And just last night, I had a second sale! 


Ahh, grautious Doctor Who quotes :) 


I know I haven't sold much compared to other sellers, but mostly it's nice to know 1) that other people like the things I make and 2) that I'm not wasting my time when I sit down and craft.  (although Jesse would argue that if it's satisfying it's not a waste even if it doesn't sell, but it certainly feels like less of a waste if it sells! ;D)

Now I just need to find a way to get my non-nerdy/geeky things to sell! ;)

Comments

Loïe said…
I love these! And the packaging is so awesome! :)
Heidi said…
Ummm I would be seriously interested in that Tolkien quote embroidery. That is AWESOME! How much would would it cost?
Catherine said…
Heidi, I sold that one for $10 but I can make you another one if you're interested! (for the same price)
The Twiggers said…
Oh goodness, I want something!! Everything looks great. Would you ever happen to be making something (maybe a babygro... that's a onesie) that is star wars or harry potter related? I will definitely buy it! My boys are 2 months and 19 months? WELL DONE! :)

Popular Posts