Looks like nesting, but really it's just procraftination

See, I'm supposed to be working on my Independent Study classes...but mostly I want to craft instead.

First, I made this sweet owl hat for our little boy (using this free pattern! Link)



The only thing about it is that it is supposed to be newborn sized...but ain't no newborn got a head THAT big! (ain't no newborn of ours anyways...hopefully!)

So I made another hat with the same pattern but a smaller crochet hook...



and it's STILL huge.  So I dunno.  I think I need to find some really fine yarn AND use a smaller crochet hook...but right now I'm temporarily tired of making hats, so I'll come back to that later.

Speaking of coming back to it later...I started this blanket THREE years ago, and FINALLY finished it a few days ago! I wanted it to be really big, which meant doing the same pattern for a long long long time...too long for my attention span, apparently, because I'd start doing it while watching a movie or something and then not work on it again for months because it was too tedious.

But this weekend, I finally finished it!


(p.s. ignore how yellowy it looks...that white is really white, the lighting was just bad >.<)

And look how huge it turned out!



So now I feel like I accomplished something :)

And now, I should really go write a 1,200-2,000 word essay on how the policy of slavery affected politics between 1800 and 1880...

Comments

Timothy said…
that sounds like an easy essay paper. i dare you to make it original by focusing on something not mundane and normal and easy!! like how slavery affected the political view of mormon housewives in that time period. (i guess there weren't too many mormon housewives in that time period cuz most mormons didn't have houses! haha but you get the idea) it's a dare so you have to do it!
Catherine said…
I would, except there's 4 very specific essay topics and we have to pick one and stick to it...but it's turning out to be a pretty interesting paper despite that!
Loïe said…
The owl hat is so CUTE!! And the other hat is too! With your onesies and hats, your baby's going to be the best dressed kid on the block!

Also, spell check says "onesies" is incorrect, so I googled it. It turns out that the word is actually a name brand, and the correct term is "infant body suit."
lydiaruth said…
You finished the blanket! YAY!! It looks awesome!
Unknown said…
the owl hat is adorable! And yes, I know I am so excited about the Cup of Jo feature. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

xoxox
Aarean
Kylie said…
I am exceedingly jealous of your knitting abilities. I really want to a super cute winter hat like that for Walt, but alas...I have no talent in this area. Cute stuff!

Popular Posts