In which I show you some photos and try to pretend they're related

A few weeks ago, we were all craving some Krispy Kreme doughnuts, so we went and got a bunch to share. When we brought them home, Jesse was in the process of making himself a healthy snack of celery.  He compromised :)


Sometime last week, Aaron got invited to his first high school dance: Utah style! 

This means that the girl that asked him (to the ladies' choice dance) secretly left an invitation on the doorstep, to which Aaron had to respond in kind if he wanted to go with her. 


Her note said that he'd have to eat all of the candy corn to find out who she was--but we cheated and just dumped it all in a bag and found the slip of paper with her name on it at the bottom.  She's one of Aaron's (new) good friends, so he responded yes by writing a message on pumpkins and sneakily setting them out in her yard for her to find.  


And he doesn't like candy corn, so I got to eat most of it.  mmmmm :)


So my dad's new job is treating him really well! They're having a decorate-your-desk-for-Halloween contest this month, so in the spirit of office solidarity he asked me to put together some decorations for his area.  Here's what I came up with: 


"Bloody" candles, paper mache pumpkins, little silhouettes of black mice, etc.  It was fun :)  

(oh, and the actual working is going well for him too :D)


Jesse and I got rid of our old couch when we moved out of Wymount (it was a bit old and very well loved!) so we've been on the hunt to find a new one ever since.  We found this AWESOME green 70s one at DI last week, but alas, when we returned the next day to buy it with my parents' mini van, it was sold! :( I almost cried.  But we bought this awesome yellow chair instead! 


And it was only $10. Oh yes.  And it's even MORE comfortable than it looks. 

On Sunday, we started teaching Sunday School to the 7 and 8 year olds at church.  I borrowed my mom's watch so I could keep track of time in the class room, and quickly discovered that my hands look just like hers when I wear her watch!


On Monday, Jesse and I went to visit his awesome cousin Alex in SLC (yayy Alex!).  Before we went to see her, we thought we'd go to the downtown library, because we had heard they had some interesting art exhibits up.  But when we got there, we discovered instead that they were having a used book sale--and because it was the last day of the sale, it was only $5 to fill up a brown paper grocery bag with books.  

Yes. You read that right.  A full grocery bag of books for $5.  

We freaked out. 


And managed to find some really awesome stuff!


I got some collections of German poetry, along with a children's book in German, some piano sheet music, the first 2 Suzuki method books for violin, some songbooks, and 2 embroidery books.  Jesse found several books by some of his favorite authors, some Russian classics, a selection of essays by Russian authors (that he didn't know existed and would have never thought to look for!) along with some others.  It was a great haul! Jesse was pretty much beaming afterwards (have I told you how much he likes books?) so it was good :) 


Lastly, it's interesting to note that I've begun having very strange dreams about the coming birth of our son.  Most of my dreams are normal--I just see our little boy and he's sweet and little and soft--but I've had some bizarre ones too--like the one in which he turned into a little doll because we left him alone too long, or like last night, in which he came several months early and we hadn't bought any things for him yet, so he had to sleep in a little plastic under-the-bed box with blankets in it...yes.  Can you tell the things I am subconsciously worried about? 






Comments

Heidi M. said…
Sounds like you are having some good times! And I'm jealous of your baby dreams - except the baby doll one sounds spooky. My recurring pregnancy dream consisted of Dave getting called on a mission before she was born.
Timothy said…
i had a dream about monica and andy's baby jack that he had an abnormally large head and he was growing abnormally fast (like within hours he was talking to me) and I was scared he was going to either die from over growing or we'd have to kill him cuz he was an evil baby. fortunately i woke up before either two things happened.

Popular Posts