Halloween is just a big excuse

Halloween is basically just an excuse to do the following awesome things: 

1) Actually buy candy for once and pretend it's ok to eat tons of it.

2) Get crafty and play dress up for a day. 

And, in the advent that you're pregnant and too lazy to figure out something that you can dress up as (a pregnant Rose Tyler from Dr. Who? Yeah, still strange, even if your husband dresses up as the Doctor, and even if you're stuck-in-another-dimension-Rose who gets to end up with the human Doctor...) then it's an excuse to

3) Get crafty and make really sweet costumes for other people!

Aaron wanted to dress up as Kuzon-Aang (Aang from Avatar: The last Airbender when he's hiding out in the fire nation, dressed up in fire nation garb) for Halloween--here's a reference of what he looks like:


And this is what I came up with! 


For the record, we bought the red long sleeve shirt at DI (and I cut the brown sleeves off another shirt from DI and then sewed them inside the vest--I'm really terrible at making sleeves) but the rest I sewed myself, without a pattern (yeah I'm hard-core...or just too lazy to find one...)


I must say, I'm pretty impressed with how it turned out! It's pretty much the coolest thing I've ever made :D 


And Aaron pulls it off splendidly!


Thanks for having faith in me, buddy! This was fun :D


Comments

Sister Teusch said…
Weird as it may have been, I would have paid money for a photo of you as a pregnant, alternate universe rose tyler with her very own humanesque doctor.

and we all know it happened.
Tabitha said…
oh my gosh- can I just saw that this is, and what makes it even cooler is that you made it! Awesomeness.
julis said…
nice job, seamstress! He looks just like Aang. Except for the haircut. But that would be a bit much.
Catherine said…
@ Juli: ah, but we mimicked the one time in the show in which Aang actually has hair!
Tasha said…
Oh Catherine, I love you.
Doug & Charisse said…
or you are just so talented that you a pattern would only slow you down!! nice work. but i dont see blue arrows in the cartoon??
Catherine said…
@Charisse: Thanks! In the cartoon, he's in disguise so his sleeves cover the arrows on his hands and he wears the belt as a headband to cover the one on his head. For Aaron, we wanted the character to be more recognizable so he wore the belt around his waist and we let his wrist-arrows be more visible!

Popular Posts