mmmmm baby :)

To celebrate finding out we're having a sweet boy, I decided to make him a few onesies to wear when he makes his grand entrance into our family :) 

Be warned: they're pretty nerdy :)

This one was Jesse's idea! 


(in case you can't read it, it says "Make it so." Good old star trek :D)

These next two go out to my good friend Megan!


(It's says "Supertoll! Jawohl!" which basically means "Super great! Oh yes!")

And then we decided to go ahead and label our baby, just so everyone knows he's a baby :D we're seriously thinking of bringing him home from the hospital in this one!


This one is based off a REALLY easy tutorial I found here (link!).  When we decide baby boy's name, I'm going to either paint or embroider it on one of the lines!


And the last one, the pinnacle of my achievement...


Let's get a closer look, shall we? 


Yep. The Doctor triumphs over Cybermen every time!  (although being able to travel in time might help! except for the fact that the doctor can't manipulate his own timeline...but that's an argument for another time ;D)

So that's that! There'll be some more soon--I have a little jacket I'm holding in reserve for a brilliant moment, and I have a few awesome tutorials sitting in my bookmarks folder waiting to me made too.  It's really exciting to figure out how to craft things for a boy! It's much different from what I'm used to doing so it's a good change of pace.  Yaaaay for our baby boy!


Comments

Anna said…
How did you do those?
Catherine said…
I forgot, I never posted how to do this! here's a great tutorial:
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/08/tutorial-freezer-paper-stencil-makenna.html

the only things I do differently are on step 9, I use a sponge paint brush rather than a normal brush, and on step 10, I NEVER let it dry 2 hours between coats...maybe I should, but it never seems to need it! You should try it out! Making all of those onesies probably only cost me like 10 bucks (for 5!) because the HUGE roll of printer paper is only $5 and lasts forever (I've been using the same roll for every shirt I've made and am nowhere close to finishing it) and you can buy a 12 pack of fabric paint for 10 bucks, which also lasts for awhile, so basically it was just the cost of the onesies (6 bucks) plus a little for supplies over time, and voila! You have some awesome, completely unique clothes that were cheap and easy!

btw, if this tutorial proves too confusing, we'll just have to get together and make some instead! :D
Loïe said…
I LOVE the Das Baby ones!
melissa said…
i like the tic tac toe one but i have no idea what it means. your baby is so indie that he even wears obscure onsies. atta boy!

(i hope that sounds like a compliment and not an insult. :) )
Mary G said…
These are AWESOME! I am sure you could do special orders and sell them. You are super talented and it is fun to see what you are going to come up with next!!
Timothy said…
ok. 2 things, you need to make a new post. its been long time. second. you and jesse should read my blog cuz i'm kinda writing it again but the saddest thing is a blog that no one reads

Popular Posts