Tidbits of our stay

Dear friends, 

Today, I'm posting some randomness.  The theme, loosely, is "stuff we do/notice here in Germany."  

Please allow me to introduce you to a Döner kebab.  A Döner is a Turkish sandwich (although it also comes in other forms) defined primarily by it containing meat (usually chicken or lamb) that's cooked in a huuuuge chunk on this gigantic spit, then put inside some bread with lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, a delightful garlic sauce, and some spices.  

BEHOLD!



And OH MY GOODNESS, it is divine.  We've eaten it probably 4 times since we've been here, and plan to at least once more before we leave!   Seriously, there is something really incredible about it.  I'm really going to miss them when we leave!  Oh, and by the way, you can't tell from that picture, but this thing is HUGE--about the size of a salad plate.  Delicious!


And then, completely unrelated, I'd like to introduce you to the rabbit that lives in our yard. 

His name is Fritz. 


We think Fritz probably used to be someone's pet but has since been released into "the wild," in part because he's not very flighty...he usually just chills out there in the middle of the yard, eating grass at his leisure and not really looking around paranoid like most rabbits do/should.  

Prime example: the other day, it was really hot, and we saw him chillin' in the shade under the picnic table! 


Alas, one of the pre-teen girls that lives nearby has chased him around and tried to catch him a few times, and we haven't seen Fritz since :( We think he's been traumatized and found some other little patch of grass to live off of.  Darn it!

And lastly, completely off topic: 

Proof that I'm still pregnant! This is me, 17 weeks and 3-ish days pregnant.  


For the record, I'm 19 weeks today (so this picture is a little old) and I already feel waaay bigger than that! So perhaps I'll have to take another picture soon for comparison purposes. 

And that, friends, is all! Thanks for your patience!

Comments

Kiera said…
Heavens to betsy, LOOOVE kebabs. LOVE THEM. And MISS them terribly. Seriously, they were like, the cheapest thing to eat in Norway and I am sad that I can't satisfy my giant meat craving here in Provo anymore.
Anna said…
You look amazing!

Popular Posts