I think it's nice to have a day dedicated to love, and doing nice things for the one I love. 
I try and do that every day, but it's nice to kind of make it special for a day.

Jesse is awesome.  He made me dinner (lemon chicken, wild rice and salad....mmm :D) and bought me flowers :) Potted ones, that is! That way they won't wilt and die :) 

I made us dessert.  It's an oreo cookie crumb crust with chocolate ganache inside and raspberries on top :)  Sooooo rich, but soooo worth it. 

(in the background are my plant-presents: the left are some flowers, and the right are daffodils! I LOVE DAFFODILS!!!)



After dinner and dessert we watched Up!  It reminded me that that movie really is my favorite movie ever.  In the first 10 minutes, I completely break down sobbing not once, but TWICE.  It is so beautifully shot and the story is so moving. We kept pausing the movie to talk about parts that moved us, and spent probably half and hour afterwards marveling at the story telling power Pixar has and being grateful that they tell stories that leave us thinking more about life and deep things.  

It was an awesome day. 

I love my husband.  

Comments

Anna said…
I think I cry the entire first half hour of Up. No joke.

And then again at the end.

And in the middle when Russel says Phyllis isn't his mom.

Okay, basically, I cry the entire time.

ps. that desert looks beyond amazing.
Catherine said…
anna: Me too! it is ridiculous. but awesome :) the dessert was eaaasy! totally quick and cheaper than buying the same kind of thing at a restaurant or something.

p.s. thanks for commenting. I read your blog all the time but never comment--I should get on that!

Popular Posts