winter's cold is too much to handle

Saturday night we didn't particularly want to go anywhere but we had spent all day doing homework and really just wanted to hang out with each other.

The day before we had bought LIFE from DI for TWO DOLLARS (win!) so we decided to play it! 

Jesse was very enthusiastic :)


Note my computer open there to the left, with the browser open to grooveshark and some Aaron Copland.  Yep.  That's how we roll.  Board games and some of the best classical music produced this last century.  We're pretty rockin'.  


Anyways, the first time we played we were really high spinners and managed to skip all the spaces where you get kids.  We were pretty sad about that, so we decided to play again.  

As you can see, we managed to hit lots of them the second time :)


Also, Jesse wrote a best seller.  Totally a premonition.  That's what I've decided, anyways. 


After we finished playing we starting playing Scattergories (Not pictured: us playing scattergories) while we made lemon sorbet in our brand new ice cream maker! 

Say hello to our new little ice cream maker!



It's a half quart maker, so we had to make it in two batches--but it comes with a second bowl, so it's ok! And it only takes 15 minutes to make, which is pretty sweet.

It was seriously good, and ridiculously easy and cheap.  We're totally making it again. 



In other, completely unrelated news, I got some new shoes the other day.  These were $7 at Target! 

I call them my 


I'm not sure why they give me that vibe.  They're not heeled or anything.  I think it's cause they're that kinda 80s woman shoes color, and they're pointy toed and kind of a vintage style.  Anyways, I feel like a real grown up woman when I wear them. Even if I wear them with mustard yellow pants and a bright green scarf, like I did today.  Them are some rockin' shoes, folks.  

Ah well, it is about time to maybe think about considering doing a small amount of homework now.  You know.  So I can get good grades and stuff.  Or actually learn things.

Comments

Loïe said…
I noticed those shoes when you wore them! I thought they went along with your outfit nicely. They added a sophisticated air to the whole affair.
bRob said…
AW! I love all things 80's. I think we should've been born in the 60's/70's so we could live it up a lot in the 80's.

I bet your mustard pants were adorable!
Unknown said…
I LOVE YOU! Ok, I think that is all the important stuff at least...

Any who, you and Jesse all ways have the awesomest adventures ever. You guys are so cool. Woot.

Popular Posts