Grateful musings on a cranky day

Dear Professor James,

Thank you for teaching 400R the way that you do.  Sure, I'm just taking it because I need to take the Proficiency exam it offers in order to graduate, but little did I know how wonderful it would end up being.  Your rules for it are simple--come to class once a week, complete 22 hours of work outside of those hours, and write 11 essays.  But an essay, you said, can be anything that we didn't get out of a textbook, anything that is writing that we need to work on.  Today, I wrote sentences wherein I tried to remember the gender of the nouns I was using and corrected myself when I remembered them wrong.  It took me an hour and at the end, I felt like I had learned something and counted it as an essay.  The afternoon light was coming through the window in my favorite building on campus, and I was grateful that I had this class to FINALLY work on all those little things that I never quite learned right, but never had time or motivation to work on.  I left the classroom feeling positive about my German and that maybe I'm coming close to being able to speak this language properly--so much different from angry and frustrated--how I felt when I woke up this morning.  Thank you for that, Professor James.  It's nice to feel positive once in a while, and its always your classes that make me feel that way.

Sincerely,
Catherine

Dear winter weather,

Thank you for the brief respite.  Oh, I know you'll be back, but having 40 degree weather the last 2 days rather than 10-20 degree weather has been so rejuvenating.

Thanks,
Catherine

Dear twilight,

You are so lovely.  You are my favorite time of day, and one of the few times of day I look around and think "Holy cow, Utah is BEAUTIFUL sometimes!"  I especially like the way you turn the mountains pink and make everything seem soft and warm, even if it is cold outside.  You are a nice end to a long day.

Love,
Catherine

Comments

Doug & Charisse said…
Catherine, you are awesome.

Popular Posts