Scenes from lately

I found a fun game online the other day that involved rolling dice and drawing monsters. Miriam mostly drew what she wanted (including the face and neck she's drawing below in brown--one of her first people!) and Niko had a hard time relying on the dice to tell him what to draw, but overall it was really fun and we're excited to play it again soon.



Miriam got a bunch of play kitchen food for her birthday, so I made her a little kitchen set out of cardboard boxes. Maybe this summer I'll look for a toy kitchen at a garage sale, but until then this is doing great! 


I went to visit Jesse's work the other day and got to see some of the awesome old books in their legal reference library. These are 100 year old court cases, and I sort of want to use this picture for every background forever. 


One of the perks of being a children's librarian is that I can bring home leftover storytime stuff. On Saturday I basically just brought home everything I had used for storytime that morning, so we read books about green (including "Go Away Big Green Monster") and made our own scary green monsters. I love Niko's, and I want to point out that I did not help Miriam at all--she did that all herself!


Miriam has recently given up naps (one month before Baby Sister is born--just like Niko stopped napping one month before Miriam was born! Yay for family traditions...not!) I've tried to switch over to quiet time instead, which has worked pretty well. Every now and again she falls asleep during this time, and the other day when I went in, I found her asleep in this laundry basket 😂


Sometimes we call Niko our rainbow finder because he's always spotting rainbows everywhere--in the house, in the car, in the park, etc. The other day he saw one on our door and was excited about how it landed on his foot.  


At work, my coworkers threw me a tiny "Thing 3" party to celebrate Baby Girl's imminent arrival. One coworker put together some fun decorations and made a delicious cake, and it was just the right amount of celebration. 


I'd like to say I'll blog again before the baby comes (due March 27th!) but, let's be real, I blog less than every 2 weeks these days and she's DUE in two weeks, so I'm calling that unlikely. So, when you hear from me again, we'll probably be a family of 5! Wish us luck! 

Comments

ivrcti said…
I love how you turned old cardboard boxes into a center for imagination!!!!

Popular Posts