Randoms, tidbits, or what have you

I won't deceive you: this post is mostly an excuse to finally post the pictures from my camera that I've finally gotten around to uploading. So proceed only if you enjoy gratuitous baby photos intermixed with a few other random things. 

Our cutie likes to roll around.




(have I mentioned lately that Nikolai is obsessed with is tongue?) 


Nikolai has begun making a sad face when he's not sad. It's odd.


Grass is weirdly prickly and vaguely traumatizing.


Much like his father, Nikolai often falls asleep with his eyes cracked open.


I got Jesse Carcassonne for father's day and we managed to build a city (the brown area) that looks like a shirt:


My parents were finally able to move from the house they've been renting here in Utah to a house of their own (!!!!) and they had to downsize some of their furniture.  This is a cabinet my dad built--the blue areas used to be painted green, but I wanted to change it up, so I repainted it!  Now it is our microwave table/the provider of some much needed counter space! Hurrah!!!   


The other upside to having some counter space is that now I have somewhere for Mrs. White to live!! 


(Mrs. White is my Kitchen Aid) 
(I got her for Christmas)
(I almost cried when I unwrapped it! It mixes like a dream!)

She's had to live in the closet until now, and I've just had to pull her out anytime I needed her to help me bake something delicious.  But now she gets a place of honor on top of the microwave, and only needs to be pulled down to the vacant counter top in order to be used!  Also, I get to look at her all the time and dream of all the wonderful things we could make together :)


Warning: this tidbit is excessively random.

Whilst making some chicken salad for a sandwich the other day, I happened to notice that the mayonnaise is very kindly commemorating my birthday by conveniently expiring on that very day!


In other news, baby hands on knees are the best. 


Also, our little boy is getting very strong!


And lastly, some fun nonsense:

Nikolai has picked up this habit where when he's in a good mood, he'll wave his hand up and down and pat whatever is nearest. 

picasion gif maker

 pat pat pat pat pat.

Comments

lydiaruth said…
So....we really need to get together! Because Jacob and I still have yet to see Nikolai in person, which is kind of ridiculous! Especially cause he's so adorable in all the pictures!
Meg said…
Nikolai can sit up now????? Also his legs are getting very long. I died of laughter from is scared faces. Thanks for sharing this post. It brightened my day! =D
Anna said…
Jesse and Nikolai sleep with their eyes open. So does Gandalf. 'Nuff said.

Also, Mrs. White is so beautiful. And such a great name, too.
Anonymous said…
Oh goodness, I love his "sad" faces. They made me laugh so hard.
Loïe said…
Bahahaha I love your commentary! Also, Nikolai's "sad face" looks just like a face that you make. Mrs. White is a cool name.

Popular Posts