A ginger?

I know you can't really tell in this picture 


but my baby's hair is a bit reddish in the sunlight! 

(also, it's quite wild!) 

And tonight baby Nikolai and I will be leaving the apartment for the first time since coming home from the hospital! Sure, we're just going to dinner at my parents' house, but we're getting OUT! Wahoo!!! 

(soon, I hope, I will not be scared to want to go places with him--both because he will be older and less apt to get sick, as well as because I'll have gotten over my anxiety that he will SUDDENLY NEED TO EAT and there will be nowhere to go with him.  Any tips on getting over this anxiety, mamas?  Or do you just suck it up and get creative with where you run off to feed him? Or let him cry til you're back in the car/at home? As you can see, I'm quite obsessed with this...)

Comments

Anna said…
I cannot believe you are walking already! Go you!

Nursing in Public Tips:
1. plan outings around Baby's schedule.

2. try nursing with a cover (Rachel would flail and thrash around making a cover obsolete, but it works for most people.)

3. restroom stalls are great in a pinch. Nasty? yes, but it works!

4. nurse him in the car.

5. do your best to be discrete, and then be content. If you flash someone, oh well! :)

6. don't stress it. It'll get easier with time.

Breastfeeding in public is a hot topic. I could go on, but maybe that's better as a facebook message than a blog comment. Sorry this is so long, already!
melissa said…
yeah, i would just feed calvin in the car a lot. or with a blanket on a random bench anywhere. you'll get into a rhythm you're comfortable with, don't worry.

it took me almost two months (!) to get comfortable with his feedings (at home or away!) so don't feel pressure to be 100% ok with everything right away. no big deal, you'll figure it out.
Kylie said…
1 - buy a nursing cover. I couldn't do the blanket thing for the longest time, but a cover worked for me.

2 - what everyone else said. It gets easier with time. And you're amazing for getting out already! I don't think I left the house on my own for 2 weeks...
Jillian said…
I LOVE his hair. it is so cute. Boys are so much fun! Ah nursing, yeah it takes a month or so but then it's gets pretty easy after that. I actually used the car alot. And after awhile you get the baby's feeding rhythm and you can plan accordingly.

Popular Posts