something something something in French

First of all, watch this: 


I cannot stop watching it.  I am addicted. Watch it watch it watch it!!!




















Did you watch it?  

You didn't?  You're in a computer lab and can't turn the volume up cause you forgot your headphones? Well you had best bookmark it and cross your heart to listen to it later ok?



In other news....I am no longer losing my mind due to long lists of things to do! I am now only mostly losing my mind. Or, perhaps, only somewhat losing my mind. Well, I won't dilly-dally with the specifics.  I did, however, realize, that in all the insanity that has or hasn't been happening in my mind, I have failed to mention to all my loyal blog readers what we're doing this next year! I'm not sure who I've told what and when so now that we have pretty settled plans, here's the official update! 


Sometime not long after spring term classes end in mid-June we'll be packing up everything and moving across the country to North Carolina, where we'll stay for approximately 3 weeks before we jet off to Europe! We're headed to Russia first to see some of the places Jesse served on his mission, then to Austria for a few days, and then to Germany for the month of August where I'll get my last 6 credits of electives for my major at the University of Tübingen as part of their Sommerakademie.  After that adventure we'll return to NC, completely broke but very happy, where we'll look for employment to get us through the next year while Jesse applies to grad school!  

And that, my friends, is the plan! We're very sad to leave our friends and family here (more and more sad as the days go by...) but very excited to live near my family for a little while before we set out on our next big adventure! 

Comments

Loïe said…
That video is amazing. I love the editing! Thank you for sharing it.
Catherine said…
are you addicted too? I can't stop watching it! I'm glad you like it!! Can you understand the lyrics at all?
Anna said…
That is exactly how I dance in my kitchen when no one is watching! (minus the acrobatics)

I'm so excited for you that you get to go to all of those cool places!!!
WoozleMom said…
I want to see you while you're here!
WoozleMom said…
P.S. Word verification on my first comment was "carkiss" -- I chuckled.
robyn in space said…
Ms. Catherine, I'm afraid we haven't met yet, but I'm a friend of Aaron's and I have to say that your video is quite amazing. I love the contrast of the happy dancing man with the lyrics, which are actually quite sad - I could pick up some of the words (I'm in French 3) like "horses" and "children" and "Je t'aime," but I eventually looked up the lyrics and it seems to be about a couple that has fallen out of love. In any case, congratulations about your chance to go to Europe and what-not! I hope I get to travel abroad when I go to college. Have a good night,
~~Robyn.
Catherine said…
@Anna: I'm so glad to hear you dance like that too (minus the acrobatics of course. although I'd be seriously impressed to see you do that backflip! haha :D)

@Kathryn: we'll be there for a year so we'll DEFINITELY make time to come see you and your little family!! :D

@robyn: why hello there! Thanks so much for reading--I've heard nothing but good things about you, so I'm glad you're here! And I'm glad you loved the video too and better yet, that you could understand some of it! p.s. the spelling of your name is my favorite way of spelling it! the y is super awesome :D

Popular Posts