I attempted to be productive, but failed

So morning sickness=the worst thing ever.  My mom never had it (not with 4 kids!) so I didn't expect to have it, so when it hit me on Sunday it was like a big fatty punch right in the gut.  Ouch.  Anyways.  It also has been severely limiting my ability to be productive, right during the time when I seeeeeriously need to be productive! So today I attempted to make up for it by emailing various people that I've been putting off emailing, and calling various people I've been putting off calling (which is really a bigger feat because I HATE calling people! yick!).  So anyways.  The emailing hasn't been so successful before and I suspect I will have to go speak to people in person (even worse!), hence why my productivity has failed today.  However, the speaking to people on the phone has made me come to the conclusion that when people put you on hold, there should be like a 3 second message right before the person comes back that says "attention, you're about to have to speak to a live person again" because I mean, sitting there in your jammies at the kitchen table next to the window (so you can have better reception) doodling on whatever piece of paper you had handy while listening to some chill Mozart that you played in your high school orchestra is AWESOME, but it is SO jarring to be all relaxed like that and then BAM! someone is talking in your ear again! And you're not expecting it so you mumble all over the place and have to get into the talking to people on the phone zone again.  Seriously.  Way too jarring.  A warning would be so nice!


Ok friends, this is what happens when I don't have work all day but Jesse does so I have no one to talk to! This is how it is going to be every day this fall....you have been warned.....

Comments

Loïe said…
I agree about the being-on-hold warning; they come back out of nowhere! I usually don't like the hold music because it's usually full of static and skips all over the place.

That was my two cents.
Catherine said…
oh my goodness yes! the skipping! what is with that? I kept looking at my phone trying to figure out if my signal was bad or something >.<

thanks for your two cents :)
Meg said…
Or you could call me!!!! Everyday! =D
Kylie said…
Haha, that would be the best idea ever. :) I feel you on the morning sickness, I didn't have it terribly, but the worst of it was right when Landon was gone, which totally sucked. I still remember calling my sister in tears and asking her to clean out my fridge for me. Haha, it's kinda funny now - not so much at the time. Call us if you need your fridge cleaned out!

Popular Posts