Food Network, I love you

But I really, really, really hate Bobby Flay.

Ok, you're saying, calm down. He's just a cocky chef. He's probably ok in person.


I think you're wrong. His show, Throwdown, is all about him showing up at local places and trying to make their food better than they can, cause he's just that arrogant! And then there's his new themesong (scroll down and press play). I'm not sure if one of those lines says "Think that you have what it takes to beat Bobby Flay?" or if it says "Think that you have what it takes to BE Bobby Flay?" cause it really sound like the last one to me, and frankly, he's so cocky it wouldn't surprise me. RAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Alton Brown, on the other hand, is pretty much awesome. Tonight he taught us about oats and fiber and how to make steel cut oats in your slow cooker WHILE YOU SLEEP! Jesse exclaimed "I'm going to do that sometime! Wait! I'm going to do that tonight!" and promptly busted out the slow cooker and steel cut out and cream and was immensly proud of himself for making tomorrow's delicious breakfast in 5 seconds tonight. He's great. Thanks Alton.





In other news, we woke up at 5 this morning to do homework that we didn't do this weekend, and then it kinda ended up being JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS, if you know what I mean. Printer ate all kinds of paper, made me late so Jesse had to drive me, left my work clothes in my first class, didn't finish all my homework, made a crappy batch of apple cinnamon muffins and ruined the last of our batch of peanut butter chocolate cookies....yeah. JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS.

But there were good moments too. Like going to yoga, and feeling really really good about my body. And sitting on a bench outside reading homework and throwing some crackers from my lunch to little brown birds that were flitting about. And learning that there has been more written about Wagner than any person in the Western world except for Jesus Christ. Crazy huh?

The end.

Comments

ivrcti said…
Like the old saying goes, "Some days you eat the bear, some days he eats you." I'm glad you can keep THOSE DAYS in perspective.

Popular Posts