Thanksgiving in Moldova

Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!!

I meant to post this last week, obviously, but obviously that didn't happen. But better late than never, right?

We had been planning on having Thanksgiving on our own, but then some of Jesse's colleagues suggested that we have Thanksgiving together! I was excited at having someone to help cook (because let's admit it, Thanksgiving mostly means cooking non-stop for 2 days so you can eat until you never want to eat again) and someone to share the holiday with, and Jesse's colleagues were excited to celebrate their first ever Thanksgiving. 

And that is how we ended up spending Thanksgiving with two Ukrainians and three Moldovans :) 

Without further ado, here are some obligatory (and strangely colored, due to my phone's bad lighting settings) photos of the spread. Major kudos to Kiseniia for making the delicious turkey!


(Also, major apologies to Vlada, because none of these photos of you turned out well. So sorry!)




I couldn't quite pull off a pumpkin pie here (while there's no canned pumpkin, you can find whole pumpkins, but I don't have a blender so I couldn't turn one into puree) but I found this recipe for an apple pie and it was INCREDIBLE. I don't like pie all that much but I LOVED this one!


We had a huge spread of dessert, most of which we couldn't even eat because we had eaten SO much good food. But we sure tried! 


I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving with family and friends! 

Comments

melissa said…
That's fun! I'm glad you Thanksgave with some eastern Europeans.

Popular Posts