Sleeping is giving in, no matter what the time is

Sleeping freaks me out.

Ironic, because it should be really peaceful.

But the idea of laying down and then losing control of my brain and body really scares me lately. You know, you just lay there, waiting for sleep to come, and you can never remember the moment where you slip from consciousness into unconsciousness because you get there so gradually. It's kind of like playing "the game." If you think about "the game," you lose. If you think about sleeping, it escapes you. It's really a bizarre experience. And no one know why we need to sleep!

Thanks to xkcd who sums it up pretty much perfectly.

Comments

Loïe said…
Remember how I had a word document with funny quotes in it? Like from German class? There's one by you about your distaste for falling asleep: "I wish sometimes I could just hit the wall and pass out!" :)
Catherine said…
Wow! I had forgotten that this distaste for falling asleep is not a new thing! Thanks for finding that Megan, that's great!

Popular Posts