News Flash

I am afraid of my sewing machine.

It is broken. And has been broken for months.

I bought this super awesome vintage pattern to make on it, and some super awesome expensive fabric, and cut it all out, and then started to sew--

and it stopped working.

And I chickened out! I have hands, right? I can sew things still, right? Not quite as sturdy, so I probably can't sew that dress, but I could still make other things, right?

Wrong. I can't make this, or this, or this.

And I want to make all of them.

I already took it to one of my sewing savvy friends to look at, but she just said I need to buy some sewing machine oil and grease it up, and then tighten all the stuff inside. And find a way to make the reverse pedal not stick any more.

But have I bought the oil? No. Have I tried to unstick the pedal? No.

Because I am afraid of it.

Afraid of my potential. Afraid of my power with the machine.

Yeah. That must be it.

Comments

Kylie said…
My sewing machine is broken also...probably beyond repair. I am sad. :( I have machine oil if you want to have some though!
melissa said…
don't worry, you really can make those things if you want to. sometimes online tutorials are extremely hard to follow, so don't blame yourself for being scared. but stop being scared and make that ruffly skirt because it's awesome. :)

Popular Posts