Creativity is the residue of time wasted

I make a lot of things.  Some of it I use to decorate my house, some I sell on etsy, and some I make and then stick in the closet because I've run out of space for them in my apartment...

but when I heard that our local used bookstore was having an altered book contest, I decided I just had to do it anyways! 

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do but after some debate, I decided to watercolor some of the pages and cut them into circles to make into flowers.  I straightened out paperclips, cut them to different lengths, and hot glued the circles on to them to ends to make sort of abstract flowers.  I poked shallow holes in the book with my exacto knife and then hot glued each flower in...and then did that 100 more times...and then presto!  I made something I was proud of! 

(please pardon my gratuitous detail shots, I really couldn't help myself!) 












Comments

Kylie said…
That is cool! Awesome job, Catherine! Where are you going to put it? :)
Loïe said…
That looks fabulous! Has it been entered in the contest yet? I hope you win!
Loïe said…
Oh! Also, I noticed that you have my old URL on your blog list. The new one is www.forgottenbirdsong.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Catherine said…
I fixed it! And I entered it this morning but they're not due til Saturday. And Kylie, if they give it back afterwards, I'm not sure where I'll put it but I'll have to find space somewhere!
Albert said…
My dear sister,
You are totally awesome. I think this kinda represents how books allows creativity to blossom in our minds. I love you lots! I look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
Tasha said…
That is GORGEOUS!
Heidi M. said…
Wow! You are so creative and it turned out beautifully!
jglds123 said…
That is so AWESOME!It looks like it would be tedious and fun.
julis said…
Super cool! It's symbolic of the beauty and possibilities inherent in all books. That you made the fleurs from pages is frosting. And it goes with my wreath. You should win 100 bucks. And I don't mean deer.
Messy Musings said…
You have my vote!! Incredible creativeness... I stand in awe of your abilities :)
bearydiane said…
That has to be the COOLEST thing I have EVER seen!! You are amazing!!!!

Popular Posts