My beloved monster and me, we go everywhere together


Hello. These are wild onions. And these are also what my fingers smell like, despite the fact that I have not touched any since childhood.

Let me explain.

Jesse and I made curry tonight! And for said curry, I chopped two cloves of garlic. Mmmmmm. But the garlic didn't make my fingers smell garlic-y. No, Instead, they smell like wild onions (or wild onions smell like garlic?), which grew in our yard all the time growing up and we'd go pick them a) so they wouldn't be there anymore and b) cause oftentimes we were playing some make believe game in which we were making a stew that needed onions. So my fingers smelling like them reminds me of my childhood....I keep smelling them every now and then, just to see if they still have that kind of acrid smell to them still.....yep, they still do. And it still smells like my backyard.

peace, love, nostalgia is an odd thing,
Catherine

Comments

Popular Posts